Timeless Elegance: The 1938 Black Wool Pea Coat
The 1938 Pea Coat in black wool isn't just a fashion classic; it's a legacy rooted in military tradition. This timeless jacket has accompanied marines worldwide since the 18th century and is said to have originated from Dutch sailors in need of a resilient companion for their extensive sea voyages.
Historical Roots: Termed as the "Pije" Coat in Dutch, it signifies a robust jacket crafted from heavy, durable wool fabric. Over the centuries, this multifunctional coat, along with its name, transcended language barriers and established itself in various cultures. Even today, the Pea Coat continues its maritime tradition by providing excellent protection against the elements.
Quality Craftsmanship: Our dedication to tradition and quality is evident in the crafting of the 1938 Pea Coat. Proudly upholding the heavy wool quality of the 1930s original, the fabric boasts an impressive 1000g per square meter. Exclusively woven for us by a Portuguese mill, this 100% virgin wool follows an age-old recipe, ensuring the preservation of wind and water-repellent properties.
Distinctive Features: The 1938 Pea Coat is characterized by several unique features:
- 100% Wool with 1000g/m2: High grammage ensures durability and protection against the elements.
- Ulster Collar: Adds a touch of sophistication and warmth for a classic look.
- Double-Breasted Buttoning: Timeless and functional, paying homage to its military origins.
- Anchor Buttons: Subtly maritime and practical.
- Flared Hip Area: Balancing style and comfort.
- Made in Portugal: Every detail, from fabric to finishing touches, is meticulously crafted in Portugal to ensure the highest quality.
In a world where fashion trends come and go, the 1938 Black Wool Pea Coat stands as a symbol of timeless elegance and resilience. From its historical roots to the present day, this classic piece not only provides protection but also embodies masterful craftsmanship and tradition.